Saturday, September 7, 2013

GR10 // day 40 // Bouillouses - Planes

Distance: 18.2km (803.6km), time spent: 4:26 (310:27).
Ascent / descent: 167m (47145m) / 677m (45979m).
Altitude (start / end / highest): 2010m / 1500m / 2010m.
Weather: Thunderstorm and rain.


After coming down from Puig Carlit my plan is to continue towards Planes, but first I order a Menu Randonneur consisting of gazpacho, lasagne and a pancake. It starts to pour down outside while I'm eating, the host is looking a little bit compassionate at me. While I'm packing and putting on my rain clothes I can hear thunder in the distance, but it's still a little distance away.

View back towards the Barrage des Bouillouses over Pla Bones Hores La Bolloseta in the rain.

Below Barrage des Bouillouses there is a large plain, Pla Bones Hores La Bolloseta, which now the rain is pouring down upon. I walk fast since I'm not very fond of walking under a thunderstorm and am eager to get under the trees of the Bolquere forest that the trail is passing through as soon as possible. It must be hot in Heaven now, since God is sweating so much that it's a deluge down here on the Earth. There is so much rain that I take a short break in Cabane de l'Étang de la Pradeille to put my camera in my backpack, my small camera will have to do from now on. Outside the cows are staring emptily out into the rain.

View from Cabane de l'Étang de Pradeille with cows and the lake with the same name.

I'm finally entering the woods after having walked past the little lake Étang de la Pradeille (1950m). And just in time, above me the show is starting. Mighty thunder claps are tearing and wearing in the air. The walk through the Bolquere forest isn't the most exciting, though the weather is fortunately hiding most of the ski paraphernalia you walk by. Yet another Super is passed by, Superbolquere.

Thunder storm and rain torrent over the forest of Bolquere.

When I arrive at Bolquere (1620m) the thunder storm has calmed down, but it is still raining. I get to see a lot of the village since I'm trying in vain to find the ATM that is supposed to be here according to my topo guide. In the shop I get to know that there isn't any ATM here after all, so instead of money I get a beer and some candy from the store.

Relieved after arriving in Bolquere after the thunder storm has calmed down.

After Bolquere there is a nice, but short, walk with clouds drifting through the valley. The weather isn't so dense now, but there are no signs that the clouds will lift. After Col de la Perche the little yellow train is rolling on its tracks over the grey landscape, not many passengers today. Before La Cabanasse (1480m) a young boy on a motorbike has been hit by a car in an accident, the motorbike is lying almost under the car, but it appears that both the young boy and the driver of the car are fine.

Drifting clouds in the grey weather outside of Bolquere.

I'm arriving in Planes after a final boring walk in the dull weather. I receive a warm welcome at the gîte (Le Malaza) when I arrive tired and wet; it feels good to get inside. The dinner is almost standing ready, but I've got just enough time to get myself a good and hot shower and put everything in my backpack out to dry. I'm glad that I didn't walk from Refuge des Bésines to Lac des Bouillouses in this weather, it has rained more today than it has all the days together on the walk so far.

A good dinner is served at the gîte and it becomes a nice evening, which it usual becomes after having been out in bad weather and come in to a nice and warm place. Claire is appearing a little bit unexpectedly later in the evening; she'd met a friend of hers that was nearby. What a wet day in the Pyrenees.

Planes, a small village consisting of three parts.

<- Puig CarlitCarança ->

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular posts